-Egypt amidst revolution: Mohamed ElBaradei, is now back in Cairo and plans to join the massive displays of anti-government unrest expected to occur on Friday.
-On Thursday, thousands of people demonstrated against Yemen’s longtime president, Ali Abdullah Saleh, and demanded the same changes which had forced Tunisia’s president from office earlier this month.
-A wave of bombings left 51 people dead and more than 120 wounded in Baghdad this past Thursday.
-Colombian rebels say they are ready to start releasing hostages.
-Los Angeles detectives were assigned to the Grim Sleeper serial killer case. The homicide cases are suspected to be the work of Lonnie Franklin Jr.
–Mark Steven Phillips, who was accused of drug and racketeering charges in 1979 and has eluded arrest in many different countries, was arrested Thursday at a Florida senior living community.
– President Obama’s speech called for more investment in education, clean energy and a freeze in spending during his State of the Union address.
-Compared to other countries, Americans lag behind other industrialized countries such as Australia, Canada, Japan and France, in life expectancy.
– FDA warns that breast implants may cause rare form of cancer.
– According to a recently performed study, women who smoke have an increased risk of developing breast cancer, particularly those who began smoking at an early age.
– Charlie Sheen was rushed to a hospital Thursday.
– Snooki regrets sleeping with co-star Vinny.
-Chelsea Handler dumped 50 cent; reportedly breaking the rappers heart.
-Mike Tyson and wife welcome baby boy.
-Oprah Winfrey reveals she has a half-sister.
One thought on “Weekly News Roundup (1/21 – 1/27)”
Comments are closed.