As much as we love cereal, sometimes it just doesn’t cut it. Somettimes we crave something warm, but it has to be quick and easy, and please, please, please, no more oatmeal!
We’ve been told for years that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it is… no matter what time you finally wake up and eat it. So, now what? How do we get that satisfied feeling in the morning without hitting the diner, whipping up a 3-course meal or making a trip to the dining hall?
The Breakfast Cure:
My simple and easy bacon, egg & cheese that you can make right in your dorm room!
What you’ll need:
– 1 Russet (“Regular”) Potato
– 1 Wedge Laughing Cow Cheese (or ½ a slice of any cheese)
– 1 tablespoon Hormel Bacon Pieces
– 1 egg
* Optional: Salt, Pepper, Hot Sauce to taste
How to make it:
This is a simple and easy recipe that anyone can make; all you need are a few utensils and a microwave!
– Wash your potato, poke it 4 times with a fork, wrap it in a paper towel and microwave it. Hit “potato” if you have the option, but if not, 4 minutes will do the trick.
– Carefully remove the potato from the microwave, unwrap it and place in a dish or on a plate.
– Cut open your potato and pinch to expose the inside of the potato.
– Top the potato with your cheese and cover with the paper towel to allow the steam to slightly melt the cheese.
– Crack egg into a mug or any other microwave-safe container. Whisk with fork.
– Place in the microwave for 35 seconds.
– Carefully remove the container from the microwave, mix with fork.
– Add the Hormel bacon pieces. Mix.
– Remove the paper towel from the potato, top with egg and bacon mixture.
– Salt, Pepper, & hot sauce to taste.
You’re good to go!
You can sit and eat it or throw it in a red cup and head out the door. Either way it will be satisfying and filling.
Feel free to mix it up! Use egg whites if you prefer or make 2 eggs to top your potato. Add ham or a veggie like broccoli if you have it, ketchup, whatever you like!