So, why DO men cheat? The No.1 reason: Men crave sexual “variety,” according to David Buss, professor of psychology at the University of Texas and author of The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating. There are several percentages that I found very interesting and thought to share it with you:
92% say it’s not just about sex
88% say the other woman isn’t better looking or in better shape
55% don’t tell their wives or deny cheating even when confronted with evidence
48% say cheating is about an emotional disconnection from their wives
12% would cheat no matter what
And here are top 9 reasons why men cheat:
1. She ain’t what she used to be (weight gain, laziness, etc).
2. No one loves a ball buster (someone who nags a lot).
3. She just doesn’t “get” me (they don’t feel understood).
4. It’s the thrill (playing with fire, excitement).
5. Blame it on the “hunter” (primitive instinct).
6. Biology, baby (they were born to be with many women). [eh]
7. It’s just sex (there is no emotion involved, so why does it matter?).
8. Not tonight, dear (when he’s turned down, he’s turned off).
9. Because we can (having the cake and eating it, too).
What’s the solution? Be smart enough to realize the situation that you are in and get out fast. Remember: You can’t change a man who doesn’t want to be changed… It isn’t your job to help him grow up.
In love, peace and happiness