Health has always been an issue that people seek to control and even when it is unpredictable at times, we have been able to come up with ways that have allowed us to always be one step ahead thanks to science. Diseases and conditions change with time, and medicines to treat them aren’t always available. Hundreds of years ago, simple things like fevers killed people, and today we’re lucky enough to have antibiotics and other options to treat our infections, sicknesses and handle our conditions. With the new advances and technological improvements available in the 21st century, doctors and scientists now have more access to knowledge, a key factor in the creation of solutions to the problem. Additionally, said technological improvements have led to the creation of new machines and devices that study the human body in order to provide an analysis and further diagnostic.

college exams, adderall, pills, ridalin

Free Digital Photos By nuchylee

These machines have helped so many people find out about an illness during an early stage, and they have been able to control it and even eradicate it. Patients have also been able to study their bone structure, internal organs, and many other things that were impossible years ago. 3D and 4D ultrasounds are now a thing! People are starting to write about that in magazines, and health websites! Want to write about it yourself? Request the help of outstanding writing services like PapersOwl. According to WebMD, “about 40% of adults in the United States say they use some form of alternative medicine”, and considering that these methods tend to be harmless to the human body. It’s important that the remaining 60% learn about the benefits of implementing these practices, or, in this case, the drawbacks of modern medicinal advances and products that we consume on an everyday basis.


There have been several changes in our century, and most of the ones that regard medicinal topics are prejudicial to our health. For instance, there’s a medicine that’s highly used by people, and it’s called Nervine. If you’re going on an airplane, cruise ship, or are simply a very nervous person, you’ve probably taken or considered taking Nervine. What this medicine does is relax you and calm your anxiety and nerves. When taken as a tonic or pill, it helps strengthen and restore the tissue in your nervous system. Some of the side effects that you might feel when taking this medicine include:

  • Drowsiness
  • Upset stomach
  • Blurred vision
  • Constipation, and
  • Dry mouth/nose/throat

This tranquilizer is super effective, but you must keep something quite important in mind. If you take too many doses of this medicine, your nervous system could be affected in the future. Many people have discussed that herbal medicine when used in excess, can also potentially harm you. High doses of Nervine, when taken herbally, can sedate you and act as hypnotics.


Many of the exams that we put ourselves through to check our organs, bones, and other tissues in our bodies aren’t as good for us in the long run. X-ray machines are an excellent example of this; they radiate your body, and even when it uses small quantities of it, going through too many of these tests may lead to cancer in the long run. Ultrasounds work the same way. By sending waves into your body, prenatal ultrasounds may result in the establishment of conditions in the baby. Said conditions include:

  • Autism
  • ADHD
  • Eczemas, etc.

On the other hand, regular ultrasounds done to check your organs may help doctors figure out that your gastrointestinal problem is caused by undigested food or other factors, but it can hurt you. If you’re a woman, you’ve heard of or have had a Pap test before. If you have, you know that it’s close to the strangest, most uncomfortable exam a woman can experience. Many gynecologists examine their patients yearly, and studies have shown that going through this process once a year may affect pregnancy or could lead to infections. Learn more about medicinal advice and modern advances if you wish to live a better life.


Don’t go too far; the food that surrounds us practically and gradually poisons us until our bodies can’t take it any longer. BHT in food is something that’s completely normal in our society since this preservative prevents oils in foods from oxidizing and becoming rancid. BHT is commonly found in vegetable oil, a bag of chips, and many other products. When you’re grocery shopping, try to buy natural products that aren’t made of this substance, and in the long term, you’ll reduce the chances of generating carcinogenic cells in your body.


To live a better life, you should start ingesting more natural foods, living more naturally, doing some exercise and not taking unnecessary pills unless your condition requires it. If you have an experience that you wish to tell and share with others who may be going through the same situation as you, write about it!

Share →