We all love a delicious, warm treat on a winter afternoon and I am no exception to the rule.
The other day I made amazing cinnamon buns, and I felt I just had to share the recipe with all of you. They are quick, easy, and fun to make as well as delicious to eat.
This recipe is simple for sure, but you will need a kitchen so if you live in the dorms, head down the hall to your community kitchen and get baking!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 cups flour
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 4 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 3 tablespoons butter
– 3/4 cup milk
– 4 tablespoons butter
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 3 teaspoons cinnamon
– a sharp knife
– long pan, 13×9 if possible
– 3 bowls, a few big spoons and a large plate
What to Do:
1. For the filling, in a small bowl combine softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to form a crumbly mixture. Place in the fridge until you get to the 6th step.
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in softened butter (sometimes your hands are the best tools).
4. Stir in milk to form a soft dough.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
6. Spread the remaining filling on the rolled out dough then grab an end and roll up again into a cylinder-rectangle shape.
7. Roll up the cylinder/rectangle; with a sharp knife slice into 18 small rolls (12 if you want them a little bigger).
8. Bake for 20-25 min at 400°F.
9. For glaze, combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
10. Once rolls are finished, drizzle on glaze and serve warm.