What would happen if you combined two of America’s most beloved cookies into one delicious dessert that’s sure to satisfy both you and your taste buds?
The answer, of course, comes in the form of the Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie that, true to its name, combines both chocolate chips and Oreo pieces to make one heck of a cookie.
Warning: these will go fast, especially when they’re hot from the oven. Luckily, this recipe makes about three dozen.
What you’ll need:
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
2 large egg, room temperature
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
About 20 oreos roughly broken up
About 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a stand mixer or a large bowl with hand mixer, cream the butter with the brown and white sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture until well-mixed.
4. Fold in the Oreos and chocolate chips.
5. Drop medium-sized balls of dough onto an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
This recipe was adapted from Leslie Sarna. Feel free to adjust the number of Oreos/chocolate chips to your liking, as well as trying other delicious mix-ins to the cookie dough…butterscotch chips? White chocolate chips? Chocolate-covered almonds?